Friday, August 5, 2011

Going Raw

I just spent a week in west palm beach, Florida at a place called the Hippocrates Health Institute. My dad came down here for 3 weeks in July, came home and was so excited about everything he learned that he tried to get my entire family to come. Most people thought he was crazy but I have a very open mind and am always interested in anything related to nutrition, so I told him I would give it a go, and my cousin came as well. So what is this hippocrates place? Well you can google it or look on their website to get the fool scoop because it would take me a novel to explain how amazing this place is. Basically, it is a place where you can go and stay for 1, 2, or 3 weeks and they promote health and wellness through an all raw vegan nutrition program. Many people who come here are here because they have some sort of illness and they have been told that there is no type of western medicine that can help their illness. That is why my dad came. He has been battling stage 4 prostate cancer for 2 years and was told that he could do hormone therapy, chemo, and then wait to die. He did hormone therapy, and after basically becoming a menopausal woman for a year and a half, said he had enough. Chemo often makes patients worse off than they were beforehand with no real positive results, so he decided to go a different route. He spent 3 weeks at hippocrates eating all raw foods and dropped his cholesterol by over 100 points, lost 20 pounds and 4 inches off his waist, and has more energy than I can even handle. This is an amazing place and is filled with people who have completely reversed debilitating diseases just by changing their diet and their attitudes. What I love most is that it is all science based. There are endless amounts of information and facts that prove why humans are supposed to be consuming a raw, plant based diet, but because of the American Medical Association and the Pharmaceutical companies, people all over the world have been led to believe that what is actually abnormal for our bodies (meat and processed foods), is normal now across the world. 60% of Americans are obese and that number is even higher in England. Did you know that only 10% of a supplement needs to come from a natural source to be labeled NATURAL??? B vitamin supplements are mostly coal tar. Calcium supplements and Vitamin D supplements are mostly oyster shells and chalk. E vitamin supplements are 80% turpentine! Fish oil (which I have been taking forever!) is a known cancer causing substance. For the last 20 years, HUMAN genes have been spliced into pork genes to make pigs grow faster to be ready for slaughter sooner. You can eat a completely raw vegan diet and still get all the macronutrients you need. I could go on and on about all the facts and information I have been given this week. I know this all may sound crazy or made up... believe me I thought it was at first as well, but you just can't argue with science, and they definitely have the facts to back up and the track recored to prove that what they are teaching is 100% real. I want to share more information with anyone who has an open mind and is willing to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment