Sunday, July 24, 2011

Where's The Meat?

Not on my dad's plate anymore! My dad just spent 3 weeks in West Palm Beach, Florida at the Hippocrates Health Institute seeking a way to rid his body of cancer and avoid the typical western medicine path. Most cancer patients are given three treatment options: radiation, chemotherapy, or surgery. Those are the only three cancer treatment options that have been offered for over 100 years, but they don't work. Chemo pumps your body full of toxins and often makes some patients worse off than they were before treatment. White blood cells and other lines of defense in our immune system are the only things that can actually kill cancer cells... so why not try something obvious, and make these natural defenses stronger instead of weaker by pumping the body with chemicals and filling it with radiation? Simply, because doctors wouldn't make enough money if all people had to do to cure their illnesses was eat a specific diet, and the drug companies would be out of business... and let's be honest, drug companies do a large part in running this country. Think about the number of commercials you see in one commercial break that are advertising some new drug. At the Hippocrates Health Institute, they are curing people by simply providing them with the knowledge that they need to cure themselves. It all has to do with diet and exercise, but mainly diet! My dad has been following an all vegan, raw foods diet since being at HHI. His macronutrient needs of protein, carbs, and fats are still met everyday but he eats no meat of any kind, no alcohol, no sugar, no processed foods, and nothing heated over 110 degrees. I have a lot of questions about this lifestyle, and am excited to go to HHI next week and just be a sponge for a week, absorbing all the information I can. I saw my dad for the first time in 3 weeks yesterday, and let me tell you, the results do not lie! I have never seem him look so good or so happy. He was full of energy and life, and at almost 50 years old, was sporting a set of 6 pack abs! He was only there 3 weeks and he looks like  he lost 20 pounds, looks 10 years younger, shaved over 100 points off of his cholesterol, and has been more excited about living than I have ever seen a person be before. He got up at 6 am this morning to go running, went to lift weights with me at 9, then went to hot yoga at 4. The man cannot be stopped! I am so excited to go down to Florida and learn everything I can about making my body as healthy as possibly and living a lifestyle that will keep me strong and thriving for the rest of my life. While a completely raw and vegan diet may not be a realistic lifestyle for a busy college student like myself, after I learn all I need to know, I am going to incorporate this diet into my life so that I will be following it about 70-80% of the time.

<3 Health and Happiness

1 comment:

  1. Best gyms in Business Bay
    The Gym Dubai is one of the best gyms in Business Bay and the most happening fitness center in the area. With well-trained and experienced trainers who teach fitness, weight loss, strength training, and, most importantly, body transformation classes
    http://thegymdubai.com/en/

    ReplyDelete