Friday, July 1, 2011

Work Those Quads!

Today at the gym I did a leg workout, but most of my focus was on my quadriceps since I did a specific hamstring workout earlier this week. With my workout today, to make my legs even more sore than usual, I did heavier weights on the weighted exercises and gave myself hardly any waiting time between sets for some extra fat burning.

Seated Leg Extensions (4 sets supersetted with 12 Jump Squats)
One legged squats using the smith machine (3 sets of 6 on each leg... hold one leg out straight in front of you as high as you can and squat down as low as you can with the other leg; keep the elevated leg up the entire set)
Split Legged Lunges with Smith Machine (3 sets of 8 on each leg... place a bench behind you and place you foot behind you on the bench while the other foot is not directly under your hip but a little in front of it; then do 8 lunges and switch legs)
Push-Press Barbell Squats (3 sets of 12... hold the BB at your chest with your elbows pointed down, then squat as low as you can; as you come up from the squat simultaneously press the BB over your head)
Leg Press Machine (4 sets)
Side Lunges (3 sets of 8 on each leg... start with your feet together, then reach out to the side with your right leg and lunge so that your toe, knee, and nose line up... make sure your toes stay pointed straight ahead the whole time. Do 8 then switch legs)
Ab/Adductor Machine (3 sets on each machine)

Enjoy that jello leg feeling! :)



<3 Health and Happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment