Friday, July 15, 2011

BACK AND ABS

Woke up early today to hit the gym and was lucky enough to have my girl Stephanie Alexander to go with me! When I told her we were going to start with stiff legged romanian deadlift I couldn't help but notice a mixed look of both fear and confusion on her face haha. First, she told me that she had no idea what a romanian deadlift was and then she told me she had never been in the part of the gym before with all the weights because she usually just sticks to the ab room (or the "girly room" as she called it). Steph is an athlete so I wasn't worried at all about whether or not she would be able to keep up, but it did make me laugh a little bit because I forgot that most women are like Stephanie, and are kind of intimidated at first by the weight room.... And it's not because they aren't capable of lifting weights, but they just don't know what to do or where to start! Do some research on weight lifting, ladies (there's a lot of info out there!), grab a good girlfriend, and have fun together in the weight room learning what to do! You have nothing to lose, but everything to gain, so don't be scared of the iron! :) Today we did a back and abs workout! Tomorrow I'm gonna throw a crazy leg workout at Steph, so hopefully she'll still love me after I turn her legs to jello haha :)

Romanian Stiff Legged Deadlift
Hanging Leg Raises
Seated Cable Rows
Kneeling Cable Pulldowns for Abs
Bent Over Barbell Rows
In n' Outs with Physio Ball
Back Extensions... full and partial range of motion reps

<3 Health and Happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment