Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Muscle Mashup!

I haven't been able to get to the gym for a few days since it was closed for the holiday weekend, so today I did an intense total upper body workout. I used a combination of weighted, body weight only, isolated, and compound exercises, so it was a bit of a mashup of a workout, and 90 minutes of nonstop intensity! I moved quickly today between sets, trying to keep my heart rate up throughout my entire workout, and let me tell ya I was exhausted by the end! It was awesome and extremely fast paced... just like me! haha... It felt amazing to get in the gym and workout really hard after a few days of not lifting, and my body is definitely thanking me for getting out all of that built up energy! (I'm a naturally hyper person and after a couple days of no intense exercise I kinda get like a hyper puppy that hasn't been walked or played with haha). So here's my workout! It's a lot of different exercises, but if you keep your waiting time between sets to a minimum you will feel like this workout flew by.

Pushups (4 sets of 15) SUPER-SETTED with...
Side to Front Shoulder Raises (raise your arms straight out to the side, around to the front, then down to your thighs... do this for 10 reps)
Dumbbell Bench Press (3 sets) SUPER-SETTED with...
Tricep Kickbacks with Dumbbells (3 sets)
Lat Pull Down  (3 sets)
Hammer Curls (3 sets) SUPER-SETTED with...
Back Extensions (3 sets)
Tricep Cable Pulls (3 sets)
Seated Cable Row (3 sets)
Hanging Knee Raises (4 sets of 15)
Plank on Bosu Ball (3 sets for 60 seconds each) 
In n' Outs with Physio Ball (3 sets of 15... get in push up position with your feet on then physio ball then bring your knees towards your chest then back to the starting position)

An awesome workout ALWAYS makes you feel better! Even if you don't feel like going to the gym, make yourself go because once you get in there and get into your zone of focus, your mind and your body will be thanking you later for getting off that couch! 


<3 Health and Happiness


1 comment:

  1. I hear ya'. I drag myself to the park to workout with friends...and we start it begrudgingly, by the end, we start looking for other things to do :).
    Thom

    ReplyDelete