Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Fuel for Thought

Ok, so Gabe and I made some pretty delicious food earlier today and I just thought I would share (Actually, Gabe was so excited about his food that he told me I needed to put it in my blog :) haha). So here's what we made!


Here we have what Gabe created. A baked sweet potato ("baked" in the microwave) with cinnamon and a quarter cup of sugar free syrup (only 15 calories in 1/4 cup!)... And he also cooked some lean ground turkey meat with fresh salsa, some sautéed spnach, and Mrs. Dash chicken grilling seasoning. It might not look fancy, but it tasted awesome and is a good example of a balanced meal. Here's the numbers breakdown of this meal:


  • a little under 600 calories
  • 40 grams of protein
  • 47 grams of carbs
  • 18 grams of fat


And here is my protein pancake! I added a banana to it to get me some extra calories because I had an intense workout ahead of me... This may sound weird to some people, but I have a hard time meeting my calorie goal everyday and most of the time have to force feed myself or Gabe will remind me to eat more. Don't get me wrong, I love food, but eating is just not something that I think about a lot, and I tend to forget to eat lol. One of the things I have really been working hard on is making sure I eat about every 3 hours and get more protein. I aim to eat a gram of protein for every pound of body-weight, so about 150 grams a day for me. 

Just mix together a banana (easier if you mash it first), 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup oats, 1 cup egg whites, 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (any flavor will work!), and cinnamon to taste. After I cooked the pancake I put sugar free syrup on it. Numbers breakdown:

  • 630 calories
  • about 50 grams of protein
  • 45 grams of carbs
  • 0 grams of fat




Get in the kitchen and make your body some fuel! :)


<3 Health and Happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment